Sunday, October 15th 2017
6PM-8PM (VIP Get 5PM Early Entry)
359 Ganson St. Buffalo, NY 14203
Tickets available only from http://theironevent.org/ beginning July 1st *Limited to 800*
$50 presale/$60 at the door – Children 10 & Under FREE
$85 VIP Ticket
Get in early to avoid lines & enjoy complementary signature cocktails from Lockhouse, Community Beer Works, Leonard Oakes, & Certo Bros.
We’ve got the exclusive on the line-up for one of the best Food Events of the Year!
That’s right. It’s time to announce the 7th Annual Iron Event, hosted by local Chef Dan Tracy (Mothers, Tempo, Black & Blue). Dan was diagnosed in 2010 with ALS (Lou Gherig’s Disease) – a debilitating neurological disease with no known cure. Shortly after his diagnosis, he created “The Iron Event” – a culinary competition showcasing some of the best food talent in Western NY. This event was designed to raise awareness to ALS, as well as help defray some of the costs of care, which skyrocket into the six-figures as the disease progresses.
The event, now in its 7th year, has outgrown its venue multiple times. It morphed from a small community event into one of the best nights out of the year, and 2017’s event is set to top them all. With 23 of the area’s best competing, each chef will be required to provide an “amuse bouche” – or small tasting bite, and the guests will vote on the winner via ballot. Spend the evening sampling all of the chef’s food, have a few drinks with Lockhouse Distillery and Certo Brothers while you enjoy this year’s live musical performances by GG’s Acoustic Experiment, Ten Cent Howl, Critt’s Juke Joint, and Owski.
This is one of our favorite nights out. I don’t think I’ve missed one since its inception, and each year I am amazed at how it can get better. This is a shining example of how fantastic our local restaurant industry is, and supports its own. On a personal note, while I attended high school with Dan, I really got to know him through working on this event. The time and effort that is put into this every year, and what he accomplishes from his small desk and computer in the nursing home where he lives is truly humbling, as anyone that has been a part of this can attest.
If you are a lover of food and drink, you cannot miss The Iron Event!
Now, on to the line-up.
- Christopher Daigler from Falley Allen
- Richard Hamilton from Deep South Taco
- Joshua and Satomi Smith from SATO Ramen
- Jill Forster and Will Petersen from Lait Cru Brasserie
- Bruce Wieszala from Coppa Artisan Cured Meat
- Daniel Lawrence from the Park Country Club
- Jeffrey Cooke from This Little Pig
- Michael Hogan from Osteria 166
- Victor Parra González from Las Puertas
- Michael Obarka from Lombardo Ristorante
- Matt DiCamillo from DiCamillo’s Bakery
- Chaz Bulera from the Riverstone Grill
- Rj & Lindsey Marvin from Barrel and Brine
- Andrew Murtha from Carte Blanche
- Jennifer Boye from Elm Street Bakery
- Beth and Joe Kennedy from Spar’s European Sausage & Meats
- Frank Mercado from M&T’s Executive Dining Room
- Michael Dimmer from Marble + Rye
- Kristopher Haisch and Ryan Weber from Black & Blue
- Ross Warhol from Oliver’s
- Brad Rowell from The Grange Community Kitchen
- Krista VanWagner and Scotty Harris from Niagara Falls Culinary Institute
- Adam Goetz from CRāVing
When: Sunday, October 15th 2017 6PM-8PM (VIP Get 5 PM Early Entry)
Where: Buffalo Riverworks 359 Ganson St., Buffalo, NY 14203 (716) 342-2292
Additional info: Tickets available only from http://theironevent.org/ beginning July 1st *Limited to 800*
Children 10 & Under FREE
$50 presale/$60 at the door & $85 VIP Ticket – Get in early to avoid lines & enjoy complementary signature cocktails from Lockhouse, Community Beer Works, Leonard Oakes, & Certo Bros.