Every Sunday we’ll post some of our favorite national and local news stories from the food world.
Have a suggestion for an article/item? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @buffaloeats.
Want to catch up on some of our past Sunday Reading articles? Click here for our archives.
Buffalo Eats Wrap-up: We posted our first podcast of 2013 and talked to Matt Carlucci and Keith Wilson from Buffalo Soupfest, we broke the news about Nickel City Chef’s Season 5 lineup, we wrapped up 2012 and posted our 12 favorite food pictures from the last year.
- Andrew Galarneau wraps up 2012, his first year as lead restaurant reviewer [Buffalo News]
- Jeremy Horwitz writes a new Buffalo Chow post after 17 months of silence and eating [Buffalo Chow]
- Mighty Taco on Kenmore Ave delayed [Business First]
- Five Points posts some pictures of their planned expansion [Facebook]
- Nina Barone posts her top 10 meals from 2012: Part 1, Part 2 [Buffalo Foodie]
- An Interview with Buffalo Tom of Buffalo Tom’s Gourmet Hot Sauces [Buffalo Rising]
- Dog Ears Bookstore adds a cafe to their shop [Buffalo.com]
- Taisho Bistro offers some unique Japanese fare [Buffalo News]
- Michael’s Town Shanty offers food from American Pub fare to Polish favorites [Buffalo News]
- Annie Levay Krause enjoys her trip to Grand Island’s Serene Gardens [Peapodriot]
- New owner already lined up for O’Connell’s? [Business First]
- Some delays for Dinosaur BBQ’s Buffalo location, expected to open in Fall [Business First]
- Subway to start offering Creamy Sriracha Sauce? [Gawker]
- Inside Momofukus’ Test Kitchen and playing with microbiology [Reuters]
- Cool Ranch Dorito Tacos are coming…. be prepared [Eater]
- Vintage drinks with actual vintage ingredients are pretty popular [Food Republic]
- Starbucks unveils the reusable $1 plastic tumbler [USA Today]
- Watch Chef Ferran Adria’s talk from Wired UK 2012 [Wired UK]
- Westvleteren beer is really expensive and sells on ebay for crazy prices [Slate]