Every Sunday we’ll post some of our favorite national and local news stories from the food world.
Have a suggestion for an article/item? Feel free to email us at email@example.com or tweet us @buffaloeats.
Want to catch up on some of our past Sunday Reading articles? Click here for our archives.
Buffalo Eats Wrap-up: We continued our 2012 Year End coverage this week with some favorite meals from our staff, check out what Tom, Alli and Donnie had to say. Tom and I recorded a “Best of Eat It Up” podcast and Alli and I attend Taco Vino III this past Thursday.
- Joseph E Todaro, founder of La Nova Pizzeria, passed away at 89 [Buffalo News]
- Paula’s Donuts moves to bigger location, Mighty Taco is taking over their old spot [Buffalo News]
- Lucy Ethiopian gets visited by Andrew Galarneau [Buffalo News]
- Don’t worry guys, White Cow Dairy is still coming to Lexington… [Buffalo Rising]
- Check out the whole trout at Coco [Buffalo News]
- Janice Okun officially retires, for reals this time. [Buffalo News]
- Toronto’s Beer Scene is on the rise [The Star]
- Meet Robert C Bakert, the inventor of the Chicken Nugget [Slate]
- Are foodies and all their hype actually doing harm to the food scene? [Experience Boston]
- Watch the first episode of the Sandy Chronicles [Eater NY]
- Ten Most Abused Foodie Terms in 2012 [Young & Hungry]
- 11 Food Trends that Need to Die in 2013 [Buzzfeed]
- Hulk Hogan’s new restaurant in Tampa will be “Hooters Times 10” and probably very popular [Tampa Bay Times]