Every Sunday we’ll post some of our favorite national and local news stories from the food world.
Have a suggestion for an article/item? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @buffaloeats.
Want to catch up on some of our past Sunday Reading articles? Click here for our archives.
Buffalo Eats Wrap-up: This week we started our 2012 Year End coverage and posted the favorite meals from almost all of our Eat It Up podcast guests. You can check out Part 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. We released a special two part podcast with Christa Glennie Seychew, we talked about our favorite 2012 stories/trends and restaurant openings and closings. We also posted a new Buffalo Foodie article, this time with Jessica Black from the blog The Kitchen Creative. Finally, we eat some Szechuan Chinese food at Amherst’s China Star.
- Caramici’s Dessert Bakery AND Bistro coming soon to Hertel [Buffalo Rising]
- The former owners of Caz Coffee Cafe are coming to Hertel to open Encompass [Buffalo Rising]
- Vineeta’s Supermarket will be your go to for buying international groceries [Buffalo Rising]
- Lagniappes closes up shop in Allentown and moves to Grant Street [Buffalo.com]
- Coming soon… Buffalo’s Brewery District from the Pearl Street gang [Buffalo.com]
- Tips for stocking your holiday bar [Buffalo Spree]
- Christa Seychew talks about some new cookbooks that are worth a look [Buffalo Spree]
- Jonny C’s Deli gets Budget Crunched by Rachel Fix Dominguez [Buffalo Spree]
- Grilled Cheese is slowly coming to Allentown, owner goes before common council [Hungry For More]
- Lets Be Frank will be Buffalo’s newest food truck [Twitter]
- Is David Chang one of the most copied chefs in the country (or at least Toronto)? [Toronto Life]
- Rene Redzepi doesn’t eat veggies because their healthy, it’s because their delicious [Bon Appetit]
- Some of the more entertaining receipts from 2012 [Eater]
- Paul Rudd hits up the Guiness Brewery [Team Coco]
- Another weird pizza from overseas. Still jealous. [Brand Eating]
- Daym Drops reviews the McRib [YouTube]