Every Sunday we’ll post some of our favorite national and local news stories from the food world.
Have a suggestion for an article/item? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @buffaloeats.
Want to catch up on some of our past Sunday Reading articles? Click here for our archives.
Buffalo Eats Wrap-up: This week we had Chef Brian Mietus from Bacchus on the podcast, we ate at Allentown’s newest restaurant Madonna’s Ristorante and revisited Lake Effect Diner. For the weekend, we recommended you try one of Buffalo’s several cupcake shops.
- Christa Glennie Seychew talks about Buffalo’s rising locavore scene [The Atlantic Cities]
- Nina Barone interviews Christian from The Black Market Food Truck [Buffalo Foodie]
- Blogger Cheap Eats Picks: Lovin’ On Buffalo, Buffalo Foodie, Cooking In Theory, Pea Pod Riot, Buffalo Beer and Food, Tasty Yummies [Buffalo Spree]
- Teddy Bryant (Lloyd) vs DJ Cook (Sample) for the Nickel City Firing Line Finale [Buffalo.com]
- The Buffalo.com team went to Kaydara and Coco this week for lunch [Buffalo.com]
- Mother’s will always be Mother’s. [Buffalo News]
- The Monster Burger at Wellington Pub. This Is Why You’re Fat. [Buffalo News]
- Get eduacted on Burmese cuisine, then go to eat at Sun [Buffalo News]
- R&R BBQ to open a restaurant this January [Facebook]
- Watch This: Buffalo Spree’s Cheap Eats Video
- Here’s the Pete Wells review of Guy Fieri’s restaurant in Times Square that’s probably horrible [NY Times]
- Here’s Guy Fieri’s response to the review on Today [Today]
- Duff Goldman is one of the many people who decided to comment on the matter [Zagat]
- Read about Danny Bowien’s hair, restaurant plans for Oklahoma and thoughts on being a “Hipster Chef” [Refinery29]
- Starbucks acquires Teavana, employees somehow will become more annoying [Starbucks]
- Watch This: Premier of Cooking Under Pressure with Chef Homaro Cantu
- Burger King Japan has an all you can eat deal, keeps getting all the cool stuff [Eater]
- I shouldn’t, but I really want to eat some Cracker Jack’d [Gawker]