Buffalo’s Food Truck scene has been in full force lately, with recent additions of Amy’s Truck and Knight Slider, Western New York has now over 10 food trucks roaming the streets. Back in 2010 however, there were only two trucks. Lloyd and R&R BBQ were the only trucks around and food being served out of a truck was so new to Buffalo that people weren’t sure if it was a passing fad or here to stay. Renee Allen opened R&R BBQ after working in the restaurant industry for years. Renee came down to the studio to talk about the first year of running a food truck, her culinary background and her thoughts on the current permit situation in the city and Amherst.
Record Date: 10/15/12
- R&R BBQ Truck: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Illuminate AK at the Albright-Knox Photos by Buffalo.com
- Ricotta’s, Delta Sonic Brick Oven
- Kennedy looking to lower fees for food truck industry [Buffalo Rising]
- Amherst food truck controversy supplants pay raise issue [Buffalo News]
- Buffalo’s Best Food Truck Contest [Buffalo.com]