The annual Buffalo Wing Festival has easily become one of Buffalo’s more popular events, only rivaled in size by the massive Taste of Buffalo. Held at Coca Cola Field on Labor Day weekend, the festival invites restaurants from all over the United States to showcase their most delicious and creative sauces. Now normally I would say that any place outside of Buffalo, NY has no idea how to make a good chicken wing, but some of the sauces I’ve tried over the years have really impressed me. The man behind this giant festival is Drew “The Wing King” Cerza, who has since been on Emeril Live, Regis and Kelly, The View and Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Drew came by the Buffalo Eats studio to talk about the rocky start of the festival, his love of chicken wings and what it’s been like to be in the spotlight.
Just a reminder, check out other great podcasts like the Late Nick Mendola, BuffaBLOG Radio, In Pod Form, Craft Beer Talk, Movie Madness on Audio Buffalo. Also please support our sponsor Consumers Beverages and check out what’s on tap on their website!
- Direct Download Link
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Subscribe using anything else (Feed)
- Intro Music: Gang of Four “Natural’s Not In It”
- Outro Music: Miike Snow “The Wave”
- Record Date: 8/22/12
- Length: 43:10
- Producer: Tom “The Chicken Finger King” Burtless
- 2012 Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival: Website, Facebook
- Drew Cerza in the Media
- Osmosis Jones
- Twin Fair, Inc.
- Throwdown! with Bobby Flay
- B Team Buffalo
- Drew Cerza Wingstreet Pizza Hut Commercial
- Big Three: Anchor Bar, La Nova, Duffs
- Bar Bill Tavern, Nine Eleven Tavern, Mammosers
- Wingstop, Moosehead Grill
- National Hamburger Festival
- Origins of the Hamburger controversy