Last week the 2012 Chairman and 2013 Chairman of the Taste of Buffalo (Chris Hitchcock and Joe Lane, respectively) stopped by the Buffalo Eats Studio to talk about the upcoming festival. We’ve covered the event every year and will have a preview post later this week. On the podcast we tried to touch on all of the exciting new features for this year’s festival, such as food trucks, the expansion of the culinary stage, a bigger effort to turn the festival ‘green’ and the new AT&T concierge’s. We also discussed what exactly a Chairman of the festival does and what they learned from the Taste of Chicago and Taste of Syracuse.
Remember the festival takes place this upcoming Saturday (11am to 9pm) and Sunday (11am to 7pm), you can check out their list of restaurants and offerings here or follow the Taste of Buffalo on facebook or twitter! We will be there on Saturday, judging a bunch of events, so say hi if you see us!
Just a reminder, if you like our network of locally produced podcasts (Audio Buffalo), please support those who are supporting us: Noco.com (free Sabre Bucks!), Lifetime Service (broke your iPhone?) and Consumers Beverages (like beer?).
- Direct Download Link
- Subscribe with iTunes
- Intro Music: Passion Pit “Make Light”
- Outro Music: Youth Lagoon “Daydream”
- Record Date: 6/20/12
- Length: 48:01
- Producer: Tom “The Shawarma King” Burtless
- Taste of Buffalo: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Chris Hitchcock (2012 Chairman) and Joe Lane (2013 Chairman)
- Winning Taste of Buffalo Poster from Pauline Dziama
- Taste of Chicago, Taste of Syracuse
- List of restaurants, food trucks, wineries
- Our previous Taste of Buffalo coverage: 2009, 2010, 2011
- Festival Guide & Map