For 38 years Janice Okun was the lead restaurant reviewer for The Buffalo News. She’s written hundreds if not thousands of articles over the years and has visited some of Buffalo’s finest restaurants and some of their best hidden dives. I reached out to Janice on a whim a couple weeks ago to see if she would come over to record a podcast but thinking it was a long shot at best. I was very excited when Janice immediately responded and said she was interested. We had a really nice conversation about reviewing restaurants in the beginning, how Buffalo’s restaurant scene has evolved over the years, finding one’s voice when reviewing restaurants and more.
Record Date: 6/6/12
- Okun steps away from the table [Buffalo News]
- Are chef’s the new rock stars? [NY Times]
- The Cloister torn down [Buffalo Rising]
- End of anonymous comments to Buffalo News [Buffalo News]
- Our post about SeaBar from March 12, 2009
- Buffalo Cooks with Janice Okun – Book signing on the SUNDAY of Taste of Buffalo