Mike, Jason and Derek are the Thirsty Dudes. They absolutely love trying the weirdest juices and teas that you’ve never heard of. Buying their drinks from random Asian markets or the forgotten drink isles of Big Lots, they have accumulated a database of almost 2,000 drink reviews. They’ve been featured on Buffalo Rising, Buffalo.com, Artvoice, Thrillist and Fox News. When we started the podcast I knew it would only be a matter of time before I’d ask the dudes to appear on the show, luckily our schedules aligned very easily and I think we recorded the best show we’ve done to date (no offense everyone else). I don’t think I’ve laughed as much on any other episode and I didn’t even have any alcohol in me!
We chatted about the start of the blog, where they find their drinks locally, plans for the site in the future, what’s the grossest thing they’ve drank to date and much more. This episode is a bit longer then our previous 12 episodes but I felt it was so good that I couldn’t cut anything out, I hope you all enjoy listening as much as I did interviewing.
Record Date: 2/16/12
- Thirsty Dudes: Website, Twitter, Facebook
- Failure’s Union, Wooden T-Shirts
- Bit Part Buttons, All Things Ordinary
- Soda: We Try All 127 Flavors from the Coke Freestyle Machine
- Orbitz Blueberry Melon Strawberry review Thirsty Dudes (1/3 of the Tri-Force)
- Thirsty Dude’s YouTube Channel
- Mountain Dew Original review
- Worst reviewed drinks on Thirsty Dudes
- Guest reviews on Thirsty Dudes
- Galco’s Soda Pop Store – Los Angeles, CA
Drinks sampled on the podcast